UHMWPE Navigation Aids
UHMWPE Buoys and Beacons
All built to custom order to ensure supreme performance in the toughest conditions
Extremely High Impact Resistance
- UHMWPE has the highest impact resistance of any plastic. UHMWPE is widely used in the production of Bullet Proof Vests and Bullet Proof Helmets.
- Will not split, crumple, bend or break under most collision events.
- Provides a much more robust and stronger Navigation Aid which means it is more likely to keep operating after a collision providing a safer alternative to other Navigation Aids in most applications.
Never needs painting
- UHMWPE in its natural state is colourless, odourless and non-toxic. The colour is added to the base material during the manufacturing process it becomes part of the base material and will not ship or fade in under 50 years which is far in excess of the life expectancy of most Navigation Aids in service today.
- No paint or gel coat repairs during or after installation.
Extremely High Resistance to marine Growth Adhesion
- With a surface roughness of 0.00022mm virtually no marine organisms can adhere to UHMWPE offering huge savings in maintenance costs.
- UV resistant for a minimum of 50 years which is far in excess of the life expectancy of most Navigation Aids in service today.
- Base material is colourless, odourless and non-toxic.
- Low Carbon Production Process. The UHMWPE manufacturing process produces only 15% of the carbon dioxide emissions of that of the equivalent amount of steel without discharge of waste water, exhausted gas and waste residue.
- No painting - on land or at sea.
- No scraping of marine growth - on land or at sea.
- Increased service life and less downtime due to collisions means your Navigation Aids are doing what they are supposed to be doing when they are needed.
- Less handling due to increased service life – anyone who has been involved with hoisting a barnacle encrusted marker buoy onto a rolling deck will know exactly what we mean here. Less handling and less marine growth means greatly reduced potential for accidents and injuries.
- Less weight than most other Navigation Aids means less cranage, easier lifting and handling. In some cases it can mean that no crane lifts are required which increases safety and reduces installation costs.
Chemical and Corrosion Resistance
- With chemical resistance second only to PTFE (Teflon), UHMWPE Navigation Aids will offer superior life to other products in chemically aggressive or corrosive applications under most operating conditions.
- Does not rust.
Any one of the reasons above should be enough to make UHMWPE Navigation Aids your first choice when considering a Nav Aid product.
Put them all together and weigh up the massive savings in maintenance costs, increased maintenance periods, added safety due to the robustness of the product and the fact that these features will make your “Installation and Maintenance Budgets” go further and we believe UHMWPE should always be your first consideration when choosing a Navigation Aid product.